Ron is the former CEO of Great Place to Work-Gulf and CHRO of Al Raha Group, based in Riyadh. He holds certifications from HCI as Global Human Capital Strategist (GHCS), Master Human Capital Strategist (MHCS), and Strategic Workforce Planner (SWP).
Ron was cited by CIPD as one of the top five HR thinkers in the Middle East. He received the Outstanding Leadership Award for Global HR Excellence at the World Human Resources Development Congress in Mumbai, and was named as one of the 50 Most Talented Global HR Leaders in Asia.
Ron’s prior roles include senior HR roles with Xerox HR services, IBM, and Martha Stewart Living.
Ron’s board memberships include the Harvard Business Review Advisory Council, McKinsey Quarterly Executive Online Panel, and HCI’s Expert Advisory Council on Talent Management Strategy.
Ron’s work has been featured in the Wall St. Journal, Inc. Magazine, Workforce Management, and numerous international HR magazines covering Africa, India, and the Middle East.
Who Should Attend
Because strategic HR is not a role but a way to work, this curriculum is suitable for any early- or mid-career professional who wants to increase credibility, influence, and impact. If you’d like to boost your business and financial acumen, analytics capabilities, consulting skills, and solution design and implementation, this course will help you.
If you are a specialist working in a Center of Expertise, the focus on business and financial acumen, as well as collaboration and co-creating solutions, will help you increase your value to clients and partners.
sHRBP is also suitable for teams or functions transforming from tactical functional specialists to strategic, high impact partners. Since the class focuses on solving a real business challenge, participants will leave with an action plan that they can immediately implement.
Are you ready to work as a strategic, high impact partner to your clients and make work better for people? Would you like to move from being reactive to proactive? To increase your credibility through business and financial acumen? To enhance collaboration with your clients and CoEs? To work as a trusted advisor?
HCI can help. Our research has determined the strategic mindsets and skillsets needed to advance your career and organization. We know the best practices of high-performing HR organizations and we’ve made it easy for you to incorporate them into your work.
Our intensive 3-day Strategic HR Business Partner (sHRBP) Certification program immerses you in a highly interactive, hands-on learning experience and equips you with processes and tools to put ideas into action.
Best of all? You’ll be able to work on a real business challenge during class and consult with our expert facilitators and your colleagues.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll work your way through HCI’s Prepare/Partner/Perform framework using your own business challenge. You will learn how to:
Work More Strategically
- Approach your work with a strategic mindset that is collaborative, evidence-based, business driven, and adaptable
- Make incremental changes to work more proactively
- Align talent strategy with business strategy and goals
- Speak the language of the business and understand the thought processes, goals, and strategies used to make business decisions
- Understand what it means to be strategic and how to act strategically
- Increase credibility and influence through value that is added in every interaction
Demonstrate Business and Financial Acumen
- Understand business and financial terminology and concepts
- Identify and communicate quantifiable benefits of talent initiatives
- Justify talent initiatives by demonstrating benefits and ROI
Use Meaningful Business Analytics
- Use metrics that align with business objectives, even if data is housed across multiple databases/sources
- Communicate evidence-based insights to gain buy-in and drive change
Enhance Your Consulting Skills
- Partner with business functions and consult to determine root causes
- Communicate the value of HR/talent initiatives through the lens of the business
- Collaborate with clients and CoEs to create talent management solutions that increase engagement, retention, development, and strategic talent acquisition efforts
- Use project management to collaborate with all stakeholders, enhance buy-in, and implement initiatives effectively
- Understand the different phases of change, common objections to change, and how to lead others through change
- Drive change through people, measuring results, and making it sustainable
- Evaluate talent management outcomes with business metrics
- Scale solutions so that resources are used wisely and impacts are greater
What to Expect
Leave every HCI program with a free toolkit, access to additional videos and research, and a set of skills that you can use on the job immediately
Access log-in information, certification materials (participant guide and toolkit), and the exam in your MyHCI profile
Chat and interact with your facilitator and peers via WhatsApp Group available on mobile or desktop after the training course
Earn your HCI certification by attending all of the sessions, complete all classwork, and pass the multiple-choice exam with a score of 80% or higher
Attend this training and earn 19.5 HCI, 19.5 HRCI, 19.5 SHRM, and 18 ATD recertification credits